3.30.2009

the case for painting the fireplace. part II.

As I've mentioned before, we have an eyesore of a fireplace. See proof below. I've wanted to paint it from day one. My lovely, and usually easy-going husband, refuses to paint it. Chris is also very visual. This leaves me looking for pictures of rooms improved by painted bricks. *see above eyesore* *from HGTV Canada* This is a perfect example. In the *before* pic the fireplace was ho-hum and screaming for undue attention. My fireplace is not an insecure teenager. It does not need to scream for attention. The after pic is amazing. The painted fireplace looks like it belongs in the room and helps create a cohesive and comfy look. My fireplace would look lovely cream-colored. If anyone out there has other great *painted* brick photo sources, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)