10.15.2010

boston: barking crab

One of the highlights of our Boston trip? Dinner at the Barking Crab.


A friend introduced me to this restaurant when I lived there (okay ... it was a first date. blushing.) and it is completely amazing. And first date worthy :). I have taken all my friends and family that visited me back east and it's one of the first places I recommend. You know, to people who like seafood. :) So of course it was on the agenda for this trip.


I love the atmosphere here almost as much as the food. The restaurant is in a big tent on the river. There are tons of sparkly lights and picnic tables. It's such a laid-back vibe.


And of course, accompanying your meal is this amazing view of the city!


I'm not going to lie. Chris was a little hesitant at first. 


I think it was because this ROCK was our utensil for the evening :).


But we found a lovely bottle of wine to split. At every restaurant we visited, we ended up ordering northwest wines. This one claims Washington, but is bottled in Oregon. We're Oregon elitists ;).

Once we had wine and his meal, he was all smiles. Chris tried King Crab and I had my default Dungeoness. Yum!


Um yeah. Me too :)

I love having amazing nights like this to remember with this wonderful guy. It was our last night our east and it was the PERFECT end to this fun trip.

2 comments:

  1. Glad he liked it. Because otherwise we might have to have words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I was afraid of the consequences on our relationship if he didn't. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)