12.17.2010

{inspire) dessert recipes + holiday gifts

Happy friday friends! It's been a crazy week and I have a couple sort of random things I wanted to share before the weekend.

First, the recipes from our party last weekend. Because they were all so good!


The crowd favorite? The cake pops! They were such a big hit and everyone took some for the road. My favorite were the Fudge Kiss Cookies. They are dangerously rich and peppermint-y. I love that combo this time of year. The sleeper hit were the Cinnamon Star Cookies. I wanted a non-chocolate option, and these are naturally gluten free so I wanted to give them a try. They were amazing! I would make them again in a second.

And, what's a good party without a little holiday spirits?

Ingredients for a great mulled wine. Yum!

And that leads us to random point number 2 of the day. I forgot to follow up after Crafty Wonderland last weekend! I've talked about it enough ... I thought I'd show a few of the great Christmas gifts we came home with for our friends and family.

Clockwise from top: Portland pennant from bishop lennon art, Cuppie ornament from Cakespy, Letterpress print from Old School Stationers, 2011 Planner from Alex Wijnin, and a couple cute tees and onesies for the little kiddos in our family from Burdy Fly Away.

I'd been holding out on Christmas shopping until this show, and I am really glad I waited. I love what we bought, and know that it will be loved by the recipients. And, I'm excited that we supported local artists in the process! 

And of course, there's the one that got away.

There was a huge poster of this cute typewriter. We saw it at the beginning of the show and decided  see what else was there before we bought anything. Then we were tired and didn't go back. Kinda kicking myself for not buying it now. And, it's the poster version isn't on the website! Sad!

What are you all up to this weekend? I hope you have lots of fun holiday plans! Have a great weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about making those fudge kiss cookies. Because I can't seem to get enough chocolate minty stuff this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, fudge kiss cook's would be my fave too! everything looks super delish. now kinda wanting sweets for lunch ; )

    great finds, isn't it the best when you can one stop shop like that and it all falls into place. Craft shows are fab for unique gifts, i'm sure they will be loved.

    gotta catch up on shopping myself this weekend, hoping my last bits and bobs happen like yours did! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. I'm going to have to bake cookies this weekend, and it's all your fault. :) And...now I'm totally hungry for a cake pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn,
    I just saw came across this link now. I love what you had to say about my typewriter poster. I just haven't found the time to put it on my site yet. Let me know if you're still interested in one. 515.2533. Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)