8.07.2012

Out and abouts and out-of-sorts.

Friends I miss you! I wanted to give you a little update about where on earth I've been and why I haven't had any house updates or projects! 

Well first, as you know, there was the fabulous river trip. After which I promptly caught a crazy horrible summer cold. Don't you think summer colds are the worst? It's not like you want to stay cooped up inside watching movies on a beautiful summer day! :) It caught me very off guard and I couldn't barely add up 1 + 1, let alone string together words for a post. I'm actually still fighting it. Boo!


This weekend we escaped Portland to celebrate our birthdays! I think I've mentioned this, but our birthdays are two weeks apart and instead of buying gifts, we plan a weekend away. So. Fun. This year we went to the wonderful Bend, OR, which is where we spent our anniversary last year. We had an absolutely AMAZING weekend. Seriously. Not even my trail of used kleenex put a damper on the awesomeness.


We stayed in this ridiculously amazing bed and breakfast. Which I wanted to get WAY more photos of for all of you, but forgot my camera card at home (see sick excuse, above ;).


My favorite part? The front porch. OMG. I need a front porch in my life. We spent time both mornings in a rocking chair with a cup of coffee and a book. Bliss.

On our way back Sunday, Chris started getting pretty bad back pain. Thinking it was a combo of a massage Saturday + driving a lot of Sunday, we ignored it. Until it couldn't be ignored yesterday morning and he landed in the E.R. with crippling back pain and kidney stones. He's much better now, but it sure wasn't a fun day! 

All in all, I've been a little out of sorts. But, we're back working on the kitchen this weekend and I have a few projects ideas that I'm excited to tackle. I'll be back to my normal posting routine soon :). What's been happening in your lives lately??

7 comments:

  1. You crazy kids! I vote you get healthy asap! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Chris is feeling better, and I hope you get well soon!

    Looks like you had a great time in Bend. I can just imagine that porch being a great place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad you got to enjoy Bend for a while - what a fun way to celebrate. I'm so sorry you both got sick - that's not fun. But it sounds like both of you are feeling better. I've missed your posts, but think of how refreshed you are now that you're feeling a little better. Looking forward to seeing your kitchen progress. I'm with you on wanting a big porch. When I'm searching for houses one of the main things I look for is the size of the porch (usually in the back of the house). I must say I've been fairly impressed with the inventory - imagining sipping my coffee and reading my magazine one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to both of you!!! Sounds like a great trip! We used to plan a trip away for our anniversary instead of gifts, but then we had Maura:) I have the summer cold too, it totally sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, Happy Birthday to the both of you as well. Me and mine have a trip planned to Yellowstone in Wyoming in a few weeks. I can't wait, there's nothing like getting away!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)