7.26.2012

{inspired} a week on a river



Hi friends! As I mentioned last week, I spent most of this week and last week rafting the Salmon River in Idaho. I actually work for a river conservation organization and each year we taking a rafting trip on a different river in the West. It's a pretty amazing perk :). I thought you might enjoy seeing some photos of this spectacular river.

Have you ever been on a rafting trip? They're pretty much completely amazing, if you like the outdoors. We spent two days traveling and six days camping along the river.

The only problem? It's made me completely spoiled! We have guides that haul all of our stuff, cook us amazing meals and make it a first class trip. After traveling with guides last year, I knew I'd never be able to take a rafting trip without one :).

Look who came with me! Another awesome perk of this trip? Spouses are invited! We had a blast. {And, I have no idea why I'm posed so formally -- I think all the sun was going to my head :)}

The trip was filled with sun, water, kayaking, hiking, rafting, eating, drinking and relaxing. I know it was technically a work trip, but it was complete bliss. :)

So, tell me. Have you ever been on the Salmon River? It was my first time and I LOVED it. Do you raft? What's your favorite rafting river? Or, does your job have a crazy awesome perk?!

Psst. We rafted the Rogue River in southern Oregon last year, which you can read about here.

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing trip & that place looks so beautiful & relaxing. I love rafting & camping. I've been rafting in Pittsburgh, PA & in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. I camp every other weekend too, but we don't do tents anymore, we've all upgraded to campers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this looks awesome!!! Totally my kind of trip (not so much my husband's though...ugh, why did I marry that guy again?!). I love white water rafting, been back home in Pa and to a couple of rivers up here. So fun!!!! Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!

    And thanks so much for your sweet comment on the children's book! Hopefully I can pull this thing off:) I'll keep you guys posted.

    PS. did you see that we're going to do another Mood Board Monday in August?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks beautiful and looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That *is* an awesome work perk!

    I've wanted to do a similar trip on the Rogue River but I only have two experiences river rafting and neither were pleasant (I was the one ejected), so I have a lot of trepidation about such a long trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos don't even look real - how beautiful! Outdoors adventures are not something that I've ever done (if you can believe that). I love to walk and experience new parks and things, but I've never actually done a hike or rafted, camped, anything. This really makes me want to travel out west though. It's so different than the east but in a good different way. Our country is amazing. It really makes you proud being able to experience so much but in such a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What guided company did this? Would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine!

      Momentum River Expeditions were our guides -- and I HIGHLY recommend them. They were wonderful: http://www.momentumriverexpeditions.com/

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)