Remember when I shared with you our delicious ice cream habit? Well, the cookies I mixed are completely awesome, so I wanted to share with you also.
As with the ice cream, these cookies also use bananas as the main sweetener. And for these, you really do need to like bananas. But really, banana + chocolate + oats = a completely fantastic combination. These cookies are crazy easy and pretty crazy *healthy* as well. They're a great snack that I have never felt guilty munching on.
Chocolate Oatmeal Drops
- 3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups gluten-free (or regular) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut, finely shredded & unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 - 7 ounces chocolate (we use unsweetened, but any kind will work)
- A few drops of stevia (optional, but good if you're using unsweetened chocolate)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add in oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and combine well.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them though. They're done when the bottoms are brown, but not burnt.