11.05.2012

{inspired} Thanksgiving ideas

Happy Monday friends! Did you all have a great weekend?

Now that it's November, I'm excited to start thinking about Thanksgiving! A couple weeks ago, we Chris and I were running errands and I came across a Thanksgiving/fall-type table that I just can't stop thinking about.

Isn't it gorgeous? The blue and citron make such a nice fresh color scheme for fall. Different than the typical oranges and reds, but still warm and beautiful. The layers of stripes, color, wood and feathers make it interesting and inviting.

With this lovely table in mind, I thought I'd create a mood board with some ideas for a blue and citron Thanksgiving.


Friends, what colors are you planning on for your Thanksgiving table?




5 comments:

  1. I was just putting dinner together on Saturday and whipped out a few cloth napkins I had gotten at C&B a few years ago. The colors are definitely on the bold side but work all year round. We don't host Thanksgiving but it's fun to still dress the table for the season. I really like your inspiration photo and how you transitioned it to your own look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those blue dotted bowls and plates! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is a beautiful color scheme! I love all of the inspiration pieces. My colors this Thanksgiving will be plum, brown and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...lets see, we'll break out the good brown plates (none of them have been broken yet). And then there's the two glass glasses that aren't broken, so we'll have to supplement with blue plastic which went with our blue plates, which doesn't match the brown at all (no more blue glass glasses--the last one broke last month). And we'll put a pumpkin in the center if the neighborhood kids don't do something to in first.

    Or, never mind...we'll go to relatives and let them decorate. *grin*

    Love your colors though!

    Anyways, once upon a time you posted on a little linky party called Wherever Wednesday at a Budget Blond. Well, she's letting me take it over, and it's starting up again on my blog this Wed. Hope you can come!

    http://texifornia.blogspot.com/search/label/This%20is%20Wherever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my mother's "Brown Eyed Susan" dishes....yellow, white, and brown stripes on the edge with a spray of the flowers inside. My daughter just gave me a beautiful brown tablecloth from Kohl's and I found some perfect soft yellow wood napkin rings at Goodwill! So, I'll have the traditional browns and yellows, with orange thrown in for a pop!

    I do love your colors, though! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)