Oh goodness. What a week/month. I have never had work intrude so forcefully on my personal life as it has these past few weeks. I'm just happy that it is for a fun and challenging project, which I already feel completely rewarded for having worked on. And, I'm not even close to finished!
Today thought I'd share with you one of my favorite brownie recipes. I don't know where I originally found the recipe. It was years ago. I've been asked to bring these brownies to three different celebrations lately and they've been a huge hit each time. Recently, my dad requested them for his birthday. I wrangled them a bit and turned them in a brownie cake. I have this thing about making an actual *cake* on someone's birthday.
My copy of the recipe is a gnarly old piece of paper. I did a little searching and found the recipe on Tasty Kitchen. I just a made a couple changes:
- I did not use food coloring. Although that would be fun on St. Patrick's Day. Or red on Valentine's Day. You get the idea.
- I used Hershey's special dark cocoa and it was amazing.
- To offset the super dark brownie, I used milk chocolate. It was perfect.
- You could probably use white chocolate for the ganache and that would be lovely as well.
- I recommend serving them right out of the fridge. Yum!
Make these soon, but I caution, make them for an occasion when others will be joining you. They're dangerously good and addictive.