12.11.2011

{inspired} Portland Bazaar

Almost weekly, I'm reminded why living in Portland is so amazing. But I felt down right lucky this weekend when got to visit not one, but TWO amazing artisan fair/markets. Both Crafty Wonderland and Design Sponge's Portland Bazaar were held this weekend. I know that Portland is a city full of amazing artists and artisans, but to see them all in one place really is a special, friends. There was so much creativity at each event, and Chris and I were just buzzing with excitement and inspiration when we left.

Since most of you have read about the Portland Bazaar over the last couple weeks, I thought I'd start with a recap, and my favorite finds.

I think what I liked best about the bazaar is it felt incredibly well curated. It wasn't huge, but the vendors were AMAZING. Truly. I found a few new favorite artists/stores.

First up, the handbags at xobruno are absolutely to die for. I'm still trying to justify the dauphine:

They had it in grey wool and brown leather at the show this weekend and it was gorgeous. I'm crossing my fingers for Christmas someone (ahem, Chris) will take the million hints I was dropping :).

I've seen photos of Caravan Pacific's lights online (and they AMAZING), but they don't even come close to comparing with how gorgeous they are in person.

There's also a photo below of them all lit up. 

I also discovered hjolisland's lovely illustrations.

You all know how much I love Portland represented in art, and this poster just stole my heart.

I also had my iphone on hand to capture a few photos of the event itself, just in case you all were curious. There were so many people, which I hope means the vendors had amazing sales, and there will be many more of these in the future :)










6 comments:

  1. Oooh! I am totally head over heels in love at first sight with that lamp. I wonder if I could DIY a version? Pinterest here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo looks fun! I'm going to have to visit Portland one day!

    Myers Maison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recap Jenn and I'm glad it sounds like it was such a success. I'm with you on those lamps - love them! And I also really love the Portland art print - I was hoping the artist would have one for Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking such a great shot of the lamps! I really hope they do this again next year, we had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the caravan pacific lamp! Simple and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recap. So nice to see and get a report on something you've seen promoted but live to far away to see. Thank you!

    I love that Paul Bunyon art. Reminds me of an epic family trip to the Pacific Northwest when I was 4. Still have tons of memories of that trip.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)