12.06.2011

{holiday} mantle

Whereas my everyday decor is more on the restrained side, I tend to go a little crazy at Christmas. I can't help it. There are GREENS! And SPARKLES! And, how am I suppose to restrain myself. While I'm no where near done, I did pull together my mantle. 

As I said last week, I wanted to keep my decor more on the neutral side. So, I kept the mantle to doses of green neutrals, with pops of gold and red. The only color not in my original color scheme is blue, but I have an idea on how to incorporate that, and I'll update you all when I do :).

A sneak peek of our tree in the mirror!

Here are a few of the  book snowflakes I posted about on Monday.

And a few close-ups.





The garland on the fireplace is a mixture of the felt garland I made last year, and a simple twine rope.

And, just for fun, the whole thing lit up in the evening.






I'm linking up to the holiday home link party and Ten June's mantle party. Make sure and pop over to see everyone's gorgeous mantles! :)

16 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially those book flowers and little trees! It has such a fun vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I love how you pulled it together. So, so pretty. I still need to get mine done, it's so close, but needs a little tweeking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the natural elements you incorporated into your mantle and your felt garland is adorable. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the book snowflakes! What a great idea! The garland is awesome too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhh nice job! I love what you did and especially how the "bookflakes" turned out!

    Myers Maison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I actually decorated my mantle this year besides just hanging stockings. I really need to post pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love the book snowflakes ( not sure how I missed your post on that..).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Jenn! Totally saw your thumbnail (among the hundreds) over at Rhoda's and was like "Ooooh, I like the looks of that one, I'm going to check it out!" Had no idea it was you:) It's wonderful!! Love the book snowflakes, those potted trees and that adorably cross stitch tree with buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with the book snowflakes!! I am so copying next year :). Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a hard time controlling myself around holiday decorations too! Your mantel turned out wonderful, it's so pretty. I love your book snowflake idea and the tiny trees are such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect home for the book snowflakes, a lovely mantle all told! I like that you incorporated your "bling bottles" from Thanksgiving too. Oh and the cross stitch with the buttons, adorable!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenn!!! First of all, thanks for your lovely comments, I am happy to stop here again :D
    I think your Xmas Decor is fantastic and very original... I really love what you do with the books!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. My favorite thing would have to be the book snowflakes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore those book snowflakes! SO COOL! And look awesome on a mantel... makes me wish I had a mantel :(
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mantel looks wonderful! Those book snowflakes are so pretty too-what a brilliant idea!

    Your home looks gorgeous!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking at the closeup it really looks good - all of it. Have to read more about the book snowflakes. I love the figures that you have.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)