As I mentioned the other day, I've been really struggling figuring out what I want our craft room/office to look like now that it's all purdy.
The room has a number of things it needs to accomplish:
- Sewing space
- Craft space
- Creative fabric storage
- Chris' closet :)
And it needs to accomplish all this in a tiny space: 9 ft. x 12 ft. to be exact. This little space definitely has its work cut out for it. Last night Chris and I took a close look at the room and how we use each space in the room and we determined that we don't need the desk that currently resides in the room. We NEVER sit at it, and it just takes up space. That, pared with the beautiful inspiration offices I posted Monday, helped me organize my thoughts and ideas and come up with a mood board.
- Sewing table (already own, not as pictured)
- File cabinet (already own, not as pictured)
- Turquoise office chair (already own, not as pictured)
- Armoire (already own, not as pictured)
- Painted chandelier (salvaged, not as shown)
- Fabric. Honestly, the floral fabric is lovely, but its brightness scares the heck out of me. That's why it's on here:). It'll be used for either curtains or pelmet boxes. The striped fabric will back a bulletin board.
- Woven shades (already own, not as pictured)
- Offices boxes and storage. For all the *office* supplies that are losing a home when the desk moves out.
- Orange desk lamp (already own, not as pictured).
As you can see, I'm working to use and/or repurpose a lot of items we already have. I like that it mixes geometrical prints with some fun pops of color. This is a craft room after all! You might notice the lack of *art*. I have a fun idea for fabric *storage* that will turn it into the room's art.
Now that I actually have a plan, I'm so excited to get started on this room!