It's that time again! Mood board Monday! This is my favorite link party ... I love that it stretches me to be creative and think outside the box. For this one, our lovely host Sarah chose a few different chairs for us to build a room around.
I chose this amazing chair, because really, how gorgeous is IT?!
I was having trouble coming up with an "imaginary" room for this lovely to live, so instead this mood board is based in reality. As most of you know, my family has a beach house. And my mom and I've been brainstorming ways to update my bedroom there, and so this moodboard is a jumping off point for that room. We already own the seagrass headboard, and the side tables and dresser are very similar to what is already there. We've been talking about using PB's blue stripe duvet on the bed, so I used these things as a jumping off point to add in the gorgeous chair and update the room.
- Colors. The walls will be a nice, bright, warm white. And, we'll incorporate accents of blues, pinks/corals.
- Seagrass headboard.
- Blue stripe bedding. Will use the shams and the duvet, so roll up at the end of the bed.
- White quilt. Will be the main bedding. It adds a lovely dose of neutral and texture.
- Pillows Pink flower pillow
- Wall art So, so gorgeous. A beautiful water painting that doesn't scream: I'm at the beach!
- Pendant lights To hang over each side table.
- Side tables
- Mirror. Lovely. A little beachy, but not too "theme-y"
- Blue Chair
- Floor lamp To create a cozy little nook around the chair. Perfect for curling up with a blanket (see #13) and a book.
- Pink flower pillow