4.02.2012

{inspired} a beach{ish} wedding

Happy Monday friends!

Did you all have a great weekend? :) Our weekend was relaxing ... and productive! I love those type of weekends, and they don't happen often enough. If I can find that perfect (and often elusive) balance between productive and relaxing, I'm happy.

Today I thought I'd share a little bit about one of my "hobbies" and a project I'm working on this summer. To give you a little background, I LOVE event planning. There's something about the sheer amount of details to keep track of and coordinate that makes my brain incredibly happy. But, the great thing about events is there is so much room for creativity as well! It's a win-win for me. Planning our wedding, in my mind, was the most fun ever. Seriously, I would marry Chris every five years if we had the money. So, every once in a while, and usually just for people I know {because I am busy already!}, I coordinate weddings. Usually I'm the day of coordinator ... I think they're critical and I love being able to help out people that way. I've given my coordinating abilities as gifts a couple times. And, I've taken a couple referrals and made a little money on the side. Love it! :)


But, this summer, one of my favorite people in the world is getting married. There's a lot of background I won't go into, but she's like the little sister I never had. When she got engaged I knew I'd offer to be her coordinator, but I was tickled when she asked me to help with decor as well. YES PLEASE. 




She's getting married in Washington, but her theme is beachy. Since it's not at the beach, we don't want it to scream themey-beachy, but we want to give the same feeling as being at the beach: light, bright, open and airy. Her colors are a pretty bright blue, with accents of light blue, yellow, white and tan. Of course, I've been researching inspiration photos for her to get ideas. And of course, I put together an inspiration board. :) Wanna see? Good! Because it's below:


{Clockwise from bottom left} Her colors are blues and tans. She's definitely planning on having a dessert table, and I love the streamers behind this one -- so festive. She opted for no table flowers, so instead I'm thinking items that are beachy, but not themey: driftwood, sea grasses, sand, shells, succulents and TONS of candles. I love the idea of having white table clothes with a bolder blue accents. I think it will keep the room really light. Obviously, it would be cute to have fun with the straws. The room the reception's in is TALL. We're brainstorming ways to make it a little more intimate. Lanterns strung down? So dreamy. And, we'll need lots of signage to direct people I love this twine and blackboard sign. It's relaxed and casual, yet still so cute.

Friends, what do you think of when you think of the beach? How would you capture the feeling of beachy, without being too themey? The bride and I would LOVE your thoughts! :)


6 comments:

  1. What fun! Sounds and looks like you have some great ideas going already! I'll ponder the beachy without being themey concept.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, what a beautiful inspiration board! How exciting. I think you are headed in the right direction for the beachy "non-beachy" theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun! I am having a blast helping my sister coordinate her wedding this summer as well! I love that dessert table inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sure it will be lovely! The inspiration board is beautiful. Stay with me for a sec...I loved your ombre pillows so much, and recently made a similar version for my inlaw's beach house. I used kelly green first, then royal blue for the darker. They came out looking the way the ocean does on the horizon...a variation of greeny blues. Just perfect. Anyway, you could do a larger scale project along those lines for a photo backdrop or two panels to frame the altar or something. Just a thought, and just wanted to let you know about the pillows. I'll let you know if I write up a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate, I LOVE this idea. Making note of it. I think that would be a gorgeous background for either photos or the dessert table. Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  5. This is exciting Jenn and such a fun project for you and your friend to collaborate on. Beachy always makes me think of whites, tans, and of course blue/green for the water (so your color scheme is perfect!). The beach also always makes me feel restful - a place to relax, kick back, and enjoy nature. You can have a lot of fun with the decor for this wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)