4.26.2012

{inspired} This is Oregon

Hi friends! How's your week coming along?

I came across something earlier this week that I just couldn't NOT share with you guys. Shwood is an Oregon company that makes sustainable wood sunglasses (which are super cool and can be found here). Recently they teamed up with photographer Julian Bialowas to create a photography/interactive series called "This is Oregon".

Now, all you non-Oregonians, don't go away yet. This project, while based in Oregon, is something I think a lot of you will appreciate and love.
It's a series of 10 amazing photos from around Oregon, overlayed with inspiring messages. Some of the photos are definitely more "Oregon" than others, but regardless, they're all AMAZING. And the messages are simple, straight-forward and, many, hit close to home.
I think what I love the MOST, though, is that the first edition prints come mounted between laser-engraved oak dowel rods. Such a beautiful touch. The prints also come in posters you can frame yourself.
You can see all the photos here.

I'm definitely trying to find a way to fit one of these beauties into my home!

7 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME! My faves...Deschutes River and Forest Park. GREAT FIND! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Jenn! Especially like all the fonts they used and the way they laid out the text:) I have a good friend here who's from Oregon, she would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are really cool too - I agree with Sarah about the different fonts. I love finding items unique to my local area too. There is definitely a lot of cool things that come out of Oregon that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful and ingeniously "framed!" Can't wait to see where one lands in your home....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! I spent a few days in Oregon a few years ago on a business trip and took in as much as I could in my free time. I love that place and can't wait to go back and show my husband and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're beautiful! and I always love any kind of quote!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)