7.13.2012

{renovate} kitchen paint and cabinets

Happy Friday friends! 

I wanted to share a quick kitchen update with you all before the weekend. Remember the 4th of July? It was last week.....federal holiday....you know ;). Well I'm finally getting around to an update: we got so much done! We have a couple crazy awesome friends who came over to help and then we barbecued up a seriously awesome surf and turf feast :)

First, we tackled cabinet installation. By we, I mean our friends and Chris. I'll show you what I was doing in a sec :). Oh and please ignore our "grass". We have a good excuse: kitchen remodel. :)




Those three are ROCK STARS! Because, they assembled all the cabinets. While they were doing that, I was busy PAINTING! :) Unfortunately, all those cabinets you see up there are piled in the nook, which means that is still primer white. Hmmm. It'll get done eventually.

But in the meantime, the kitchen is complete and ready for cabinet installation! The color is the same as the back entry: Benjamin Moore's Grant Beige, colored matched with Miller Paint (our favorite!)


I also touched up the living room where we took out the wall. The living color is Miller Paint's Devine Reef (which, weirdly, looks green online. It's not. It's the best light blue I've ever seen. Also, Miller Paint isn't sold nationwide, but I just noticed you can purchase it now online!). I love this view. And, even though they look a little different in this light, the kitchen and the back entry are the same color. It already makes the house feel a little more cohesive.




But my favorite new view has to be this one. I love that you can see the gallery wall and the hallway in one shot. So fun! (And so messy! Eeps! :)

Friends I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! We started installing cabinets this week, so we'll continue project. Wish us luck getting lots and lots done! 



Psss. If you're just joining us and would like to catch up with our kitchen remodel, you can read all about it here: kitchen mood board here and herekitchen issueskitchen demoopening up a wall, creating kitchen lighting plan and tackling our hardwoods floors.


6 comments:

  1. What great friends! Looks like a kitchen party where you got a lot accomplished. Now I'm curious about Miller Paint, what do you love about it? I'm going to have to check that out. I really want some Annie Sloan paint and that's really hard to find unfortunately. Have a good weekend - can't wait to see more progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, progress! I love that last photo with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great friend! Awesome work! And I love that second pic of Erica, looking at Jonathan like, really, can't you just do this yourself? LOL! GREAT friends for sure! Have an awesome week rafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha! I love that photo too. She's totally give him the "really, dude??" look :)

      Delete
  4. Lookin' good! Did you go with IKEA cabinets? I can't wait to hear about your experience!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)