Happy Monday friends! Did you all have a good weekend? My weekend was super productive, and fun, but it was so hard to get out of bed today!
After a busy and productive work day on Saturday (hard woods are ready to stain!), it occurred to me that I should probably start thinking about how to actually finish the spaces we're working on: back entry and back bedroom (office/craft room). It probably sounds sort of silly, but I've been so focused on getting the hard stuff done that I'd completely spaced the fun finishing details! So, today I'm sharing my thoughts on the back entry. Since the refinishing the hardwoods wasn't exactly a planned project, I'm at a complete loss about the finishing details for that back bedroom. But, since the room is already torn apart (and piled in my living room. ack!), it seems logical to paint, etc. So I need to get creative (with both details and budget!) and get some ideas pulled together. Hopefully this week.
But first, the back entry:
1. Tile, Home Depot.
2. Board and batten color: Whip, by Miller Paint
3. Wall and ceiling color: Grant Beige, by Benjamin Moore
4. Black bench we (already own, not as pictured).
5. Bright pot (already own) + large structural plant.
6. Rug. (Not sold on this one and am trying to find something with more color that won't get dirty easily (ha!)
7. Pillow from this fabric (already own)
8. Key bowl
9. Coat hooks
11. Lighting (been trying to find a space for this for years. Love.)
My goal was to stay within our house color palette, while being bright, fun and functional. I am really loving the red accents. And you can also see that I'm trying to use what we already own as much as possible. I'm still up in the air about both the rug and art. I'm going to dig and see if we have any art in our house I can use, but I really do love both the pictures I've pulled here. So, we'll see.
So, with that in mind, what is some fun (and reasonably priced) art you've run across lately? Any suggestions for my back entry? :)