2.16.2012

{creating} better photos

One of my two resolutions this year is to take better photos. I realize that getting better at photography takes practice and I've been dutifully toting my camera around town. But, I'm a book learner (aka: nerd) and so I started looking around for resources that could teach me a little more about my camera. And friends, I found the greatest book! I had to share with you.


This book is FANTASTIC. A couple of you also mentioned that you'd like to learn more about photography and I highly recommend this book. The example are perfect, and he explains the important camera features in ways that are so easy to understand. I actually checked it out from the library, but am thinking about buying it so I can carry it around with me when I'm practicing. 

Along this line, I've been looking for a camera bag. What's more motivating than having a cute new bag to carry around my camera? My current bag came with the camera and is hideous. And, I'm always so nervous stuffing my camera in my purse. 

 This is my favorite. It's a bag I would carry even when I didn't have my camera with me, which is a plus.
 
This, is a close second though.

And while I'm dreaming, this camera strap would obviously help me take better photos.

Okay, maybe not, but it'll make my camera look cute! :)

What are your favorite camera accessories? On a different note, are you working on your new year's resolutions?? :)

13 comments:

  1. Ive been stalking that book for a little while on amazon trying to decide if I should buy it or not -- if you love it I may take the leap! and the first bag is AMAZING! =) I bought this one: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=19634641&color=016&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=W_ACC_BAGS just b/c its so huge i can put my camera in a small case and toss it into this bag along with clothes for a weekend away. though I want a second smaller option too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH FRIEND! This is awesome! I'm excited to explore this book!! Thank you for sharing! I too have been dutifully taking my camera EVERYWHERE. But I'll be honest...sometimes it's easier to just snap a photo with the good ol' iPhone. I'm trying to get out of that habit. :)

    And YES! Goals! I did sign up for my first 5k! YAHOO! March 17th, Run for Ribbons, supporting the Tri Cities Cancer Center Foundation. I'm super excited!

    Have an awesome day, and thanks again for the book tip!

    eachdayinthislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh I love that first bag! I'm so excited about getting a new camera, so I'll be on the market for new accessories and such very soon!

    MyersMaison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh love all of those accessories, but the first bag is a real killer. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first bag is stunning!! My camera bag is incredibly functional (read: hideous).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the Kelly Moore bag in person and let me tell you it does not disappoint. A fellow blogger and local friend had it with her about a month ago in the light grey color, and that bag is a looker. I'd even consider getting it for everyday too. I'm doing pretty well with my resolutions. I was looking at my list the other day and crossed off a few things (which is always a good feeling).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Improving my photography is one of my personal goals for 2012 as well! I used to take photography in school, but that was with film SLR's, so I definitely have some brushing up to do! I'm definitely going to check out this book, thanks for the recommend. :)

    That first bag is really lovely, I've never been much of a leather-type fan but this one is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely need to check out the book, since improving my photo skills is on my list too. Thanks for the share Jenn!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, you must have these darling accessories in order to take more fabulous photos. I strongly urge you to invest in yourself. ;)

    I've been tempted to get a DSLR for a while now but I don't think I have the time and energy to learn how to use it. So for now I think I'm going to get Photoshop Elements and focus on editing my photos as well as just taking good point-and-shoot shots. I'll have to check out the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book is really worth the purchase. I bought the 2nd edition well over a year ago and it's still my go-to book. I find myself reviewing sections and using it as my main resource all the time. I really hope you enjoy learning your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to check this out! One of my resolutions is also to improve my photography skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made a resolution to take a photo a day this year and it's been really fun learning more about my camera (and iphone!). Love the bag and strap!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)