2.24.2012

{inspired} a pillow update

Happy friday friends! It's a gorgeous day here in Portland and I'm so excited for the weekend! 

Remember when I asked you to vote on pillow options a couple weeks ago? It's time for a little update! The majority of you voted for ...

Group No. 3: h. elegantouch, i. gracious home, j. no. four eleven

Number 3! I agree with you and set out to make this happen. Here's where we're at so far:

I ordered the Celerie Kemble fabric pillows from elegantouch and LOVE them. Aren't they beautiful? The orange makes such a difference in the room.





And that blue guy on the end? I made him last weekend. I'll have a tutorial on Monday to show you how. So I just need to replace the light blue pillow with something a little more graphic and a little darker. I have an idea that is similar to the one you voted on, but just a little different. 

Yesterday Chris commented how weird it is that pillows can change the look of an entire room. I laughed. But it's true. They're so small enough that you wouldn't think it would matter, but they make such a huge difference! I've also made a couple other updates in the living room that I'm excited to share with you in the next couple weeks! 

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! :)


13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the one you dyed! It is GORGEOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Jenn...can't wait to see how you did the ombre number, so cool!
    The Celerie Kemble pattern is just right for the room....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new pillows look awesome, Jenn! That floral with the orange is definitely such a great addition to the room. And you made that cool gradient one?! So jealous. I have a thing for throw pillows...and actually, I haven't treated myself to new ones in a while..maybe its time:) Thanks for the link to elegantouch, always looking for new etsy sellers. Have a great weekend!

    PS. So glad you are psyched about Mood Board Monday! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue pillow you made!!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the new pillows - can't wait to see what other updates you have in store:). TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks amazing! i reaaaally need those flowers on the coffee table :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! Just last night my husband asked if we could get rid of two of our four couch pillows. I said ok, but I want to keep that one, that one, that one, and that one. Then I laughed at him :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hot hot HAWT. You had me at Celerie Kemble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Jenn! It looks awesome, and thanks for the intro to Elegant Touch on Etsy :). Can't wait to see the blue pillow project. Have a great weekend! Whitley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them! I've always wondered - what color of paint did you use on your lamps?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I love those lamps, too. Can you husband please teach mine about the magic of pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new look! The blue dip dye one is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work! I've always admired the hothouse flowers fabric and I think it does look great in your living room. And that pillow that you dyed is really cool!!! I'm working on some pillow updates as well - a little goes a long way - and yay for your hubby taking note!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)