2.06.2012

{inspired} by nature

As I've talked about before, one of the things both Chris and I are working on this year is our health. For us this means slowing down a little and making sure we do things that are important to us. In other words, we're choosing how to spend our days - and especially our weekends - very carefully. 

This weekend was GORGEOUS in Portland. 55 degrees. Sunny. Absolutely {and very teasingly} spring-like. We took the opportunity to ditch the boring things we "should have" been doing and headed straight for the trails. 

I feel very lucky to live where we do. Less than 5 minutes from my house is a huge forested park, aptly named Forest Park. It's actually the biggest urban park in the U.S. and has miles and miles of trails that are so fun to explore. It's also really easy for us to drive to in a moments notice. We spent Saturday afternoon roaming a new-to-us trail and it was absolutely delightful. Below are more some of the photos I took, but it made me wonder about you guys. How do you unplug and unwind? What do you do for *me time*?






Have a great Monday friends! :)

ps. THANK YOU for all your commenting on my pillow intervention friday! Your comments and opinions are incredibly appreciated and I look forward to showing you what I've decided! :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures :)

    The Neighbourhood we live in is in the centre of an extensive trail system, always so much to see for a hiking enthusiast! My husband & I go hiking together regularly with our dogs due to our proximity.

    As for me if I am in need of a good unwinding and "me" time I'm either in the studio painting or curled up with a good book. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me thinking. Sometimes I let my unwinding time get wasted away instead of doing something that I really enjoy and that relaxes and inspired me. I want to be more intent about how I use that time. We live in a concrete jungle so I definitely need to make the effort to get closer to nature more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics, Jenn! I've still never made it out to Forest Park....

    Me Time...such an interesting concept! HA! My cardio time at the gym in the evenings truly serve as a decompressor. No matter, how stressful my day, if I get on the treadmill and go for a run, by the end, my head is clear and my heart and soul are refreshed. On the weekends, during the spring and summer, I love to hike and hit the farmer's market! Which leaves me begging the question....is it summer time yet? :)

    YOU ROCK!

    eachdayinthislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    just wanted to let you know I linked to you tonight on my Liebster post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful! What a nice way to unwind. With an 18-month-old the opportunities to unwind are few and far between, but my husband and I do try to schedule time out together. We also like to get coffee and breakfast together sometimes if my Mom comes over to watch Sheila. I'm excited for the nicer weather to take some walks at the park and the trails near us. We're fairly close to Valley Forge Park which is great to walk around on nice days.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)