2.03.2012

{inspire} a pillow intervention

This is what happens when I get really busy and stressed: I start obsessing. About little tiny ridiculous details. For instance, my living room. As I shared last month, it's taking a little breather after the craziness that is the holiday season. So I thought it would be fun to get a couple new throw pillows to liven things up. So what's the problem? I can't decide what pillows to buy. Yes, there are an astounding number of amazing pillows out there. Just check out my Pinterest pillow board. But, it's not like I'm making a decision about whether to install tile or beadboard in our bathroom, or whether or not to buy a new house. It's pillows! They're completely interchangeable!

Here's the problem friends. All but one of my pillows {my favorite!} I've had for at least three years. I think the thought that I might actually keep these new pillows for awhile is stressing me out like crazy. Yes, I need to get out more.


And, I need an intervention. And, that's where you come in. Please help! Below the pillows are grouped as per what I think would look nice in our living room. The brown is our sofa color.

Group No. 1: a. westelm, b.shoot, I lost the link for this, which isn't helping things. If you know where this is from, let me know! :), c. moxie mandie
Group No. 3: h. elegantouch, i. gracious home, j. no. four eleven

I need opinions friends! Which grouping/pillows do you like the best? At this point, I need perspective so I can buy a pillow or two and MOVE ON. I'm leaning towards No. 3, but which group do you like best?

And, of course, HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

20 comments:

  1. I like combo 2! I love the mix of colors and patterns and the watercolor feel of that floral! I think they all work well with the wall color and rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, for once I have a strong opinion. Maybe because it's pillows. :) #3, hands down. I really like the strong contrast of the colorful, large floral, the smaller geometric, and the solid dark color with that banding at the top.

    I think it's a perfect mix.

    A tip about pillow covers: when a pillow cover (*like the yellow chevron in #1) looks loose or baggy on the corners and edges of a pillow, it's not going to have as put-together an appearance. If you order any that look that way, I would recommend going one size up in pillow form. I.e. that is an 18" cover, so I'd squish a 20" pillow form into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of option 2 but I also like 3 as well. I've been admiring that squiggly lined pillow in number 2 as well - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 3rd grouping the best, but I am being a rule breaker and prefer pillow G to J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, you've given us a difficult task. But I have to say that bold orange pillow in #3 made it the winner in my book. But I love #2 as well. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these seriously. I'm in the midst of a "pillow crisis" too(oh what problems we have, right?! haahaa. I am thinking about making pillow covers for my existing pillows. Big decisions. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You. Are. Awesome! :) I'm going with number 3 too. I lovelovelove the flower print!

    Good luck friend, and happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually like #1 the most, but since those are similar in color to the pillows that you already have in there, I'd say #2.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    MyersMaison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love #2 and just to keep it interesting (like Emily!) I would switch pillow g with pillow a. You've got such a good eye Jenn, all of the combos are great, can't wait to see what you do!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love group no.3 because it seems the most different compared to what you already have in the room, however they are all lovely (says the pillow addict..)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love #2 - it goes really well with your existing colors and is easy on the eye. I'm sure you've looked here, but for great inspiration, check out WoodyLiana's shop on Etsy. She is excellent at pairing pillows in her pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally having this "problem" myself. I finally got my long-desired white couch and I can. not. commit to a pillow scheme. I love all those combos! I'm checking out your pinterest pillow board following this! I've started a board for this too! I look forward to seeing what you decide! Good luck!
    PS I think I like scheme #1 !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it amazing how we forget how long we've had things? I smiled when I saw "pillow intervention". I just bought some pillows for The Happy Room and it really did make things better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My first instinct is number 3. Love that punch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. #1 seems too similar to what you have. I am most drawn to #3, though it's hard to tell what that would look like with your rug.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love number 2! I love the floral print and minty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. #3 is totally speaking to me! Looking forward to seeing what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like group 3! All of the choices are outstanding, however and really reflect your style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What about 1c, 2d and 3h? I think that the tangerine color brings together the 3 different colors of your seating and gives the room a more cohesive look. At the same time, the hues of your pale blues in your walls and carpet are not lost. The bold designs are also in keeping with today's more current patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by and sharing! :)