Happy Monday friends! Did you know that tomorrow is Valentine's Day? I just realized that this weekend. It somehow totally snuck up on me. Luckily, Chris and I don't really celebrate. We actually got engaged on February 1, so we decided early on that we'd celebrate our engagement, instead of V-day. It's a little more personal :). BUT, I did make Chris a yummy Valentine's Day treat this weekend that is so amazing I wanted to share it with you all.
These are so delish. Really. I made extra and brought them to a party on Saturday night and a couple people actually asked for the recipe/if they could PAY me for a couple dozen.
Peppermint Patty Truffles
Adapted from Elana's Pantry
- Soften or melt coconut oil and coconut butter and then combine in a small bowl with honey and peppermint oil. Freeze the mixture for a few minutes until it starts to harden. Remove from freezer and form little balls. Place back in the freezer to firm them up.
- When balls are frozen, melt chocolate. Let it cool a little to thicken up. Dip balls one at a time into melted chocolate.
- Use a fork to pull them out and shake excess chocolate off.
- Line the chocolate-coated balls up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put back in the freezer to harden up.
- Coat candies in a second coat of chocolate, if necessary. You can see in number 4 above, the candies weren't completely coated. After few minutes in the freezer I simple remelted the extra chocolate from step 2 and redipped the candies. Much better :).
- Store in the refrigerator.
These are a great, easy and totally irresistible treat for any one in your life!
So, tell me do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what's your favorite Valentine's day gift/treat?